Destroyer of Cities: Lessons from the Latest Ransomware Attacks
Date: Wednesday, July 17th at 9:00am PT / 12:00pm ET
Speakers: Scott Bekker, Editor, Redmondmag.com
Dick Csaplar, Senior Product Marketing Manager, Unitrends
A rash of ransomware attacks has hit small and local governments in recent months. From a trio of municipalities in Florida, to the ongoing problems in Baltimore to the expensive remediation in Atlanta, city governments falling victim to ransomware has become all too common.
In this special webcast, journalists from Redmondmag.com dig into the specifics of these latest attacks, as well as looking back over more than 100 similar incidents from the last few years to highlight key trends and lessons from those incidents for everyone -- not just for government agencies.
In this webcast, we will cover:
- How most of the attacks happen
- How high the ransom demands are
- Whether organizations paid the ransom or not, as well as why and whether it's a good idea
- What other costs were involved, other than the ransom
- What families of ransomware were involved
- Effective steps for preventing ransomware infections
Don't miss this comprehensive look at what's really happening with ransomware right now.