Combatting Rogue URL Tricks: Quickly Identify and Investigate the Latest Phishing Attacks
Date: Tuesday, November 1 at 11am PT / 2pm ET
Everyone knows you shouldn’t click phishy links. But are your end users prepared to quickly identify the trickiest tactics bad actors use before it’s too late? Probably not.
Cybercriminals have moved beyond simple bait and switch domains. They're now employing a variety of advanced social engineering techniques, like sneaky rogue URLs, to entice your users into clicking and putting your network at risk.
Join Roger A. Grimes, KnowBe4's Data-Driven Defense Evangelist, for this webinar as he shows you how to become an expert phish finder. He’ll dive deep into the latest techniques and defenses to share:
- Real-life examples of advanced attacks using rogue digital certificates, homograph attacks and more
- Safe forensic methods for examining URLs and other tactics for investigating phishy emails
- Strategies for dissecting URLs on mobile without clicking
- Simple ways you can train your users to scrutinize URLs and keep your network safe
- Find out what you need to know to keep your network protected and safe from the latest phishing attacks!
About the presenter:
Roger A. Grimes, Data-Driven Defense Evangelist, KnowBe4
Roger Grimes is a 30-year computer security consultant, instructor, holder of dozens of computer certifications and an award-winning author of 13 books and over 1,000 magazine articles on computer security. He now serves as the Data-Driven Defense Evangelist for KnowBe4. He has worked at some of the world’s largest computer security companies, including Foundstone, McAfee and Microsoft. Grimes holds a bachelor’s degree from Old Dominion University. He was the weekly security columnist for InfoWorld and CSO magazines from 2005-2019.
Duration: 1 hour