Coffee Talk: Remote Workforce Security & Best Practices
Date: Thursday, May 12th at 11am PT / 2pm ET
Join us live to receive a $5 Starbucks gift card!
Time to stop thinking WFH. When people work remotely, they may not be home. Your remote work policies and procedures must include public places too. Blocking sightlines so strangers can't see the screen, not leaving anything unattended, leave nothing behind, beware of public wi-fi. Securing users and devices that are scattered all over your area without installing hardware everywhere is a challenge you must conquer.
This session will focus on many of the issues you must pay close attention to, including:
- Cloud Cloud Cloud
- Policy development and enforcement
- Handling sensitive information
- Maintaining Encryption at all times
- Qualifying devices as well as users for network access
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) is a must
- Will a Virtual Private Network (VPN) help?
- Secure Access Service Edge (SASE)
- Worry about USB drives
- Corporate vs. Personal Data
- Corporate vs. Personal Internet Accounts
- Corporate vs. Personal Devices
- Phishing & Ransomware
- Backup as a key security strategy
- Minimize patches & updates
- The People Factor
Join Senior Resultant Howard M. Cohen for a hot cup of info and insight about keeping everyone and everything secure and productive from afar!
About the presenters:
Our Industry Expert
Howard M. Cohen, Sr. Resultant, The TechChannel Partners’ Results Group
He is a 35+ year executive veteran of the Information Technology industry who today writes for and about the IT channel. He’s a frequent speaker at IT industry events that include Microsoft Inspire, Citrix Synergy/Summit, ConnectWise IT Nation, ChannelPro Forums, Cloud Partners Summit, MicroCorp One-On-One, and CompTIA ChannelCon, frequently hosts and presents webinars for many vendors and publications.
John K. Waters, Editor at Large, Redmondmag.com
Following Our Expert's Presentation, Hear From Our Sponsor
Tyler Koltes, Solutions Consultant, JumpCloud
Duration: 1 hour