(This Blog is) Certifiable

Blog archive

Office-Based Certs Become Less Confusing

What's the difference between Microsoft Certified Application Specialist and Microsoft Office Specialist designation? The MCAS, it seemed, was a more professional track, much like an MCP-like MCSA, but for the Office suite. Pass any of the MCAS requirements and call yourself an Office software specialist.

On the other hand, pass any of the Office software exams and you earn the right to the MOS. Essentially, you can call yourself an Office software specialist. See? The nuance is too subtle.

Come June 1, there won't be any confusion. The MCAS is being renamed the MOS 2007, according to this Born2Learn post. MCAS title holders need not recertify.

Posted by Michael Domingo on 05/18/2010 at 11:59 AM

comments powered by Disqus
Most   Popular