The New Cloud Data Model
Date: Friday, September 11th at 9am PDT / 12pm EDT
Some call it “the new bacon!” Others say it’s the “new oil.” Whatever you compare it to, data is now among the most valuable and valued assets any business owns. Now, with everyone working from home, companies are challenged to decide what their new model will be for managing their data. Trust it to remotely managed, deserted data centers? Migrate it to the cloud?
In this session we examine the considerations, the criteria, and the concerns you must focus on when moving data into the cloud. Far from a trivial activity, there’s much to do to optimize the security, the availability, and the integrity of cloud data. Issues we’ll discuss include:
- How cloud data delivers greater agility to you, the user
- The current state of cloud data security
- How cloud service providers participate in compliance with regulatory requirements
- Who should be concerned about data sovereignty and why
- Protecting data from perhaps the busiest data thieves of all… government agencies
- How does data portability serve you?
- Where your cloud data centers are matters!
- Best practices in cloud data management and backup
- Are local backups of cloud data worthwhile?
- The value of software-defined-storage in cloud computing
- Big data considerations
As much as we can fit into an hour! Do join us.
This session is Part One of our free half-day The Enterprise Cloud Data Summit. Sign up for this session and you are welcome to attend all three sessions! Others include:
10am PDT: Top 5 Cloud Data Security Issues in 2020
11am PDT: Expert Best Practices for Cloud Data Management
Duration: 1 hour