IBM Updates Collaborative Software
IBM has released Lotus Quickr 8.1, an update to the company's collaborative
learning tool. The new version adds Microsoft Outlook support and integration
with Lotus Connections, among other enhancements.
is both a Web- and a desktop-based rich collaboration and file sharing environment
available in Standard and Entry editions. The Standard edition provides a media
repository/store, a set of Web services for content management and collaboration,
and plugins for accessing Quickr through desktop apps.
Lotus Quickr Entry is similar to Standard but geared toward personal file sharing,
rather than team collaboration and multi-user document sharing. Features new
to 8.1 (Standard) include:
- Lotus Connections integration;
- Plugins for supporting Lotus Notes 8.0.1, Lotus Symphony, and Microsoft
- An improved UI and workflow, including enhancements to contextual menus,
breadcrumbs navigation, and version control;
- Simplified personal file sharing; and
- New administrator features, including enhanced policy settings and reporting.
Lotus Quickr Standard and Entry are available now for electronic delivery and
are expected to be available April 8 in physical packaging with documentation.
Other localized versions will roll out between April 28 and June 9.
Dave Nagel is the executive editor for 1105 Media's educational technology online publications and electronic newsletters.