Windows 2012 Certification Tracks Announced at TechEd
Microsoft Learning adds two new MCSE tracks for desktop and server admins.
At TechEd, Microsoft Learning Director Don Field announced details of two new MCSE tracks related to Windows 2012: MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure and MCSE: Server Infrastructure.
The MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure requires passing exams for the MCSA: Windows Server 2012 track at the Associate level, then passage of these two exams:
- 70-415: Implementing a Desktop Infrastructure
- 70-416: Implementing Desktop Application Environments
Information on these exams has yet to be posted on the Microsoft Learning site.
The MCSE: Server Infrastructure is farther along in development, with exams available in beta testing format at TechEd. This track requires passing three exams:
- 70-410: Installing, Configuring Windows Server 2012
- 70-411: Administering Windows Server 2012
- 70-412: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services
More information on the new Windows 2012 tracks can be found on Field's blog post here.
To read our earlier news about the revamped certifications, go here.
Michael Domingo has held several positions at 1105 Media, and is currently the editor in chief of Visual Studio Magazine.